WP Radio Player – Worldwide Radio Station Directory Player for WordPress
- Version: 2.1.9
- Author: Prince
- Last Updated: 2 months ago
- Requires WordPress Version: 4.4 or higher
- Compatible up to: 5.5.1
- Requires PHP Version: 5.6 or higher
- Active Installations: 900+
- WordPress.org Plugin Page »
- Plugin Homepage »
(based on 34 ratings)
Read all reviews on WordPress.org or write your own!
WP Radio is a Worldwide Radio Station Directory Player Plugin for WordPress,
to Create Worldwide Radio Station Directory Website. You Can Add and Play Unlimited Live Radio Stream Link Such as:
iceCast, Shoutcast, Radionomy, Radiojar, RadioCo, etc Live stream.
⚠️THE STREAM LINK WITHOUT SSL, WILL NO LONGER PLAY IN GOOGLE CHROME 80+ WITH THE FREE VERSION OF THIS PLUGIN
As of Google Chrome browser updates with some restrictions, mixed content is no longer played in google chrome.
If the stream link is without SSL and your website is with SSL, the stream link will no longer be played.
Other browsers follow the example of Google. So, you can only play the stream links those are with SSL.
☑️IN THE PREMIUM VERSION YOU CAN PLAY THE WITHOUT SSL STREAM LINKS WITH THE ADVANCED POPUP PLAYER FEATURE OF THIS PLUGIN
In the premium version of this plugin you can play both SSL & Without SSL stream links.
The Popup player can play both SSL & Without SSL links.
WP RADIO FEATURES:
- ✔️ Short Code Player – (Play Radio Station anywhere using
- ✔️ Continuous Playing – (Automatically start playing after page reload).
- ✔️ Volume Controller – (Increase/ Decrease Volume).
- ✔️ M3U8 stream link supports – (.m3u8 extension stream can be played)
- ✔️ SSL & Without SSL stream link – (mix-content) support. (Both SSL & Without SSL stream link can be played)
- ✔️ Radio Player Hide/ Show – (Station Can be played by hiding the player).
- ✔️ Playing Now Track Information – (Display Current Playing Track title).
- ✔️ User IP Based Station Listing – (Users will see their country’s stations first).
- ✔️ Color Customizing – (Color setting options for changing the color of the player, listing, etc).
- ✔️ Stations Search – (Users can search/ filter stations using country, genre and station’s name).
- ✔️ Add Unlimited Stations – (You can add unlimited stations with Radio Station Logo, Genres, Description, Contacts, and Others Additional Information Supports).
- ✔️ Station Listing Shortcode – (
[wp_radio_listing]– Display the station archive listing).
- ✔️ Radio Player ShortCode – (
[wp_radio_player]– Display the radio player).
- ✔️ Trending Stations ShortCode – (
[wp_radio_featured]– Display the featured stations).
- ✔️ Trending Stations ShortCode – (
[wp_radio_trending]– Display the trending stations).
- ✔️ Country List ShortCode – (
[wp_radio_trending]– Display the list of all available countries).
- ✔️ Import Radio Stations Selecting The Countries of Your Choices (Import 45k+ radio stations from 233 countries).
WP RADIO PREMIUM FEATURES:
- ✔️ 45000+ Radio Stations & 230+ Countries Available For Import.
- ✔️ Statics Information – (Overview of stations play counts in each day, top played stations, etc)
- ✔️ Popup Player – (Play The Radio Station Stream in a Popup Window)
- ✔️ Sidebar Widget Player – (Sidebar widget available for the radio player)
- ✔️ Radio Stations Importer From CSV – (Import unlimited radio stations from a CSV file by following a structure)
- ✔️ Customize station URL to be SEO friendly – (You can change the radio station url)
WP RADIO USER FRONTEND ADDON FEATURE:
WP Radio User Frontend is an add-on for the WP Radio plugin. WP Radio User Frontend adds powerful features for users. Such as:
- ✔️ (User Account Page) – Let the users to register, login, and customize their profile
- ✔️ (Rating and Reviews) – Let the users to add rating and review for the stations
- ✔️ (Favorite Stations) – Let the users to create their own favorite list of the station and able to add/ remove a station to the favorite list
- ✔️ (Station Submission) – Let the users to request to add their own radio station to your website.
- ✔️ (Report Submission) – Let the users to report if any station doesn’t play.
- ✔️ (User Favorites Shortcode) –
[wp_radio_user_favorites]Use this shortcode to display the favorite stations of the user.
INSTALLATION AND USAGE:
- After installing the plugin, activate the plugin.
- After you have successfully activated the plugin, Radio Stations Menu will appear in your WordPress Dashboard sidebar menu. And also a page named “Radio Stations” will be created after activating the plugin.
The Radio Stations page is the default station archive page, where all the stations will be listed.
On this page, Visitors will see their country’s radio stations. If there is no station on the page of the visitor’s country, then visitors will see all the stations, those you have added or imported.
- You can use the automatically created Radio Stations page for your radio station listing page.
Or, you can use
[wp_radio_listing]shortcode on any page for the station listing page.
This shortcode support country and genre attribute. Where you can filter station list by countries.
After installing and activating the plugin successfully, The next step is to import the radio stations.
To import the radio stations, you need to click the Import Stations submenu under the Radio Stations’ main menu in your WordPress sidebar admin menu.
You can also import the radio stations from a CSV file. This feature is only available in the premium version.
ADD NEW STATION:
You can add unlimited new radio station very easily.
For adding a new radio station you need to click the Add New Station submenu under the Radio Stations main menu.
The Plugin provides 5 Shortcodes. Those are:
[wp_radio_listing]– Use this shortcode in a page for listing the radio stations. This shortcode supports country && genre attributes where you can pass comma separated country code and genre.
[wp_radio_listing country="us, ru, bd" genre="rock,news"]
[wp_radio_player]– Use this shortcode anywhere for displaying the radio player. This shortcode supports id attribute where you can the id of a radio station as default station of the player.
[wp_radio_featured]– Use this shortcode for displaying the featured stations of a country. This shortcode support 3 attributes (count, country, and title).
[wp_radio_featured count="10" country="us" title="Featured Stations"]
[wp_radio_trending]– Use this shortcode for displaying the trending stations of a country. This shortcode also supports 3 attributes, the same as the featured shortcode.
[wp_radio_trending count="10" country="us" title="Trending Stations"]
[wp_radio_country_list]– Use this short code for displaying the all country list of the radio stations.
[wp_radio_station]– Use this short code for displaying a single radio station in any page/ post. This shortcode required an id attribute, the ID of the station.
On the Settings page, you can change
- Layout style
- Stations Per Page
- Player Type
- Color & Style
- Link customizing & more setting options
HOW DOES IT WORK / FUNCTIONALITY EXPLAINED:
After activating the plugin you can create a new Radio station from Add new station page or you can import stations from the Import page under the WP Radio menu.
After installing the plugin a new page will be created titled “Radio Stations”.
This page will be used for viewing the radio station listing. Users can browse radio stations on this page.
While playing online radio streaming, a radio player will be fixed at the bottom of the website, on every page.
You can place the radio player anywhere you want, by using the
In the “Radio Stations” page, the visitor will see their country’s stations first. For detecting the user’s country a third party service has been used.
Here is the link of the service and here are the Terms and Policies of the service.
WP Radio has no dependency on any others plugin or theme. You can use the WP Radio plugin with any theme.
Sometimes the some section’s design of this plugin may be changed a little bit for the installed theme’s incompatibility layout design in your site.
You should at least have PHP version – 5.6 for the smooth operation of this state-of-the-art plugin. We tested this plugin thoroughly to make sure it operates seamlessly under every situation. We did not detect any problem or conflict during our test. Still, we are open to issues as we understand that WordPress is a vast ecosystem and anything can happen.
It is important to note that, all the channels might not work for you all the time. Because there are some radio channels who stop streaming after a certain time of the day. So, please if you find a channel not working; try again later. After a couple of hours, you should find that station working.